[luatex] detailed 'diagnostic' of MikTeX/Lua*/fontspec issues

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 18:40:00 CEST 2013

are *many* different install sequences,

> And there are many other possible causes like e.g. a bug in the
> luaotfload code. Do you really think randomly trying out more and
> more installation variants is a sensible way to find you what's
> going on?

So, I can either assume a problem in the code, or a strange install
sequence.  You prefer the former, I assume the latter. What is or is not
sensible depends on your perspective, strongly conditioned on your
expeience. There are lots of packages and applications (even operating
systems) I work with, where the sequence of installation/compilation
becomes a critical factor. I can (but won't) mention certain Linux
distributions where if you don't upgrade things in  a very particular
order, the upgrade will fail (classic example -- updating glibc libs
before anything else).