[luatex] Request for Callback

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Jun 28 11:24:35 CEST 2013

Dear Hans,

> on my machine ... i'm waiting for the new hz in the backend before
> putting it in the context distribution because i don't want to end up
> with several versions (and i then need to prune some test code) ... so
> some patience is needed ...

Ok, I'll delay the feature in my software then. When (approximately of
course) do you think this might happen?

> btw there was an article on it some time ago, also in:
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/hybrid.pdf, p 101

Very interesting, thank you for the pointer! I understand much better
now! When you'll release it, will you make a config table to configure
the features enabled in the parbuilder?

I'm no ConTeXt user, but if I might help in any way, do not hesitate to
sillicitate me!

Thank you very much for having done such a work already!

> one thing you could play with is storing the paragraph before it gets
> broken, then let tex do the job, analyze afterwards, and when not ok,
> add some penalties and let tex do the job again
>
> but it might be better to rethink this special case (which is unlikely
> to mix with all those things that can end up in paragraphs, i.e. it's a
> limited tex-only case), and cook up something dedicated, at least that's
> the approach i'd choose as soon as context users start asking for such
> features

Yes, I think I'll wait for the official release of the Lua parbuilder.

Thank you very much!
--
Elie