[luatex] problem including image

Thérèse Bonin furrabi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 07:26:10 CEST 2013

Dear all,

Just had to change several words in a file I compiled without
difficulty a few weeks ago.  Since then, I’ve installed TeX Live 2013.
Now compilation fails unless I change the image to an indexed version,
with visible loss of quality.

I don’t know enough about images to say whether the problem is in them
or somewhere in luatex, so I attach them with a minimal example.

- osma210-indexed.png works

- osma210.jpg fails with the message “ERROR: write_jpg: Assertion
  `pdf->zip_write_state==NO_ZIP' failed.”

- osma-crop.png fails with the message “ERROR: copy_png: Assertion
  `pdf->zip_write_state==NO_ZIP' failed.”

No luck googling for these messages.  I’m running Debian stable with a
vanilla TeX Live; “This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.76.0-2013061720 (rev
4627)”.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Thérèse Bonin