[luatex] luaotfload-tool lists fonts in subfolders

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Tue Jul 23 10:23:34 CEST 2013

Am Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:23:25 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

>> During a test I run into the following problem:
>>
>> The luaotfload-names.lua created by miktex contains pathes of
>> subfolders of my test document (the document is in z-test, and this
>> folder is a complete jungle of various subfolders, and imho z-temp
>> got there only due to some faulty mouse click):
>>
>> g:/z-test/z-temp/biolinum_re-0.3.7.otf
>>
>> Running the same document with texlive doesn't give this pathes in
>> the cache file. So where do they come from?
>
> Does not happen here, neither with native Linux nor Wine, so all
> I can offer is speculation:
>
> 1. $OSFONTDIR includes “.”;

No, it is simply C:\windows\fonts

> 2. in your document you specify a local font directory (via
>    fontspec) that is included with aux.scan_external_dir();
> 3. there’s a symlink in one of your font directories leading to
>    that subdirectory or the font files therein.
>
> If none of the above applies, then how exactly did you generate
> the names database? Can you reproduce it and do you have a log?

I can reproduce it without problems and it is not related to a
document but to the folder from where luaotfload-tool is called. If
I start it in z-test I get all fonts in subfolders in z-test. If I
start in F:/install I have fonts from there:

["filename"]="f:/install/schriften/vera/ttf-bitstream-vera-1.10/vera.ttf",

The log file also show that the current directory is scanned:

luaotfload | db : Scanning TEXMF and OS fonts...
luaotfload | db : Scanning directory F:/Install
luaotfload | db : 18 font files detected
luaotfload | db : Loading font
“f:/install/schriften/vera/ttf-bitstream-vera-1.10/vera.ttf”

While in texlive the tool starts with a texmf-tree:

luaotfload | db : Scanning TEXMF and OS fonts...
luaotfload | db : Scanning directory
e:/TeX/UFlocaltexmf/fonts/opentype

Despite the fact that the fonts in the subfolders are listed
miktex-luatex can't find and use them (that's how I stumbled over
the problem: I was looping over luaoftload-names.lua and got "font
not found errors"). Fonts in the current directory works fine in
both systems.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/