[luatex] luaotfload problems on windows (TL + Miktex)

Jura Pintar jura.pintar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 15:21:51 CEST 2013

With the latest version from GitHub (2.3a) I can also compile Ulrike's
test document on the fly after deleting luatex-cache in both TeX Live
2013 and MiKTeX 64-bit (both up to date). However...

> Well if you had really read my description you would have realized
> that the issues I described can be reproduced with miktex **and**
> texlive. The only miktex specific problem I reported is a missing
> font-age.lua file.
>
> Also I didn't have a problem to run the wrapper luaotfload-tool.

Ulrike, when you run luaotfload-tool --help under MiKTeX and under TeX
Live, do you get the same output?

With the latest luaotfload update from GitHub, I still don't (the MiKTeX
version prints the old help message of cca. 20 lines, the TeX Live
version prints cca. 60 lines, ending with "The font cache will be
written to..."). This is with the 64-bit MiKTeX, by the way.

In both distributions the new help message is issued when one does
texlua /path/to/luaotfload-tool.lua --help.

> While you're at it, would you be willing to help me out a bit?
> I've added a somewhat experimental self-test that you can run
> like so:
>
>    luaotfload-tool --diagnose=files,permissions
>
> Could you check if this works on your windows machine and paste
> the output somewhere?

Philipp, I get the same result as Ulrike, with both distributions.

Best,

Jura