[luatex] \hyphenpenalty not working

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 9 10:44:01 CEST 2013

On Jul 9, 2013, at 10:26 AM, Élie Roux <elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

> I have to say I cannot compile your example... but I definitely believe that if there is a change (\hyphenpenalty ignored during first attempt of line breaking), it should be documented in the manual... maybe there could be an option for it?

I now vaguely recall writing an optimisation where the first attempt is skipped under some circumstances, and that could
be the problem here (apparently that does not take into account possible negative values of \hyphenpenalty). I had
forgotten about that optimisation, but it seems that that is what is going on.

Best wishes,
Taco