[luatex] problem after 'in place update'

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 02:17:07 CEST 2013

So, for the past few days, I've been working out the various steps
needed to get the latest MikTeX 2.9 updates working. In the process, I
usually did a full re-install of MikTeX, and then updated from there.
Finlly got things working.

However, on one of my machines, I deciided to try an in place update --
not re-installing from scratch. Went through all the same steps. While
standard laTeX docuemnts compile perfectly, I've had some problems with
some of my lua* compile attempts, involving an error message I've not
seen before, but which I think is due to some 'font weirdness' -- I've
copied the relevant parts of the log below. Can anyone help me decipher
what the error is, and what I need to do to resolve it.  If it helps,
I've also put the call to fontspec and related things at the bottom
(note: this compiled perfectly before the upgrade...and yes, I've
updated lualatexiniconfig.tex to handle unicode-math. Thats not the
problem.)

Command Line:   lualatex.exe --shell-escape --enable-write18
"lecture_notes.tex"
Startup Folder: C:\Users\egc\Desktop\notes

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.76.0-2013062419 (rev 4627)
  \write18 enabled.

<snip>

("C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX
2.9/tex/generic/oberdiek/gettitlestring.sty"))(l
oad luc:
$TEXMFCACHE/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otf/lmsans17-regular.luc)(load l
uc: $TEXMFCACHE/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otf/lmsans10-bold.luc)(load
luc: $TEX
MFCACHE/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otf/lmsans17-oblique.luc)
luaotfload | db: reload initiated; reason: âEURoeunresolved font name:
âEUR~câEUR^(TM)âEUR?
luaotfload | db: Font names database saved
! Font \EU2/lmss/m/sl/17.28=c:/program not loadable: metric data not
found or ba
d.
<to be read again>
l.64

?

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Minion Pro}
\usepackage[partial=literal]{unicode-math}
\setmathfont{Asana Math}
\setmathfont[range=\mathup]  {Minion Pro}
\setmathfont[range=\mathbfup]{Minion Pro Bold}
\setmathfont[range=\mathbfit]{Minion Pro Bold Italic}
\setmathfont[range=\mathit]  {Minion Pro Italic}
%%% re-load main math font to ensure correct MATH table values are used:
\setmathfont[range={\mathtt->\mathtt}]{Asana Math}