[luatex] detailed 'diagnostic' of MikTeX/Lua*/fontspec issues

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 15:11:44 CEST 2013

On 6/30/2013 6:17 AM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> ···<date: 2013-06-29, Saturday>···<from: Evan Cooch>···

>>> Please try the attached patch for luaotfload.
>>>
>> OK - if you tell me what to do with the patch. If this was a Linux
>> machine, I know how to apply patches. This is a Windows machine - do
>> I need to run something, or simply copy and paste from the patch
>> into something else?
>>
>> Thanks!
> Sorry, I didn't consider that. Here's the patched file:
>
>      https://gist.github.com/phi-gamma/5894615
>
> Best regards,
> Philipp

Tried the patch -- doesn't seem to ork. When I run luaotfload-tool
--update --force, I now get an error about database not found, and a
bunch of other error messages:

... (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\scripts\luaotfload\luaotfload-tool.lua:135: module 'luaotfload-database' not found:
	no field package.preload['luaotfload-database']
	[luatexbase.loader] Loading error:
	...MiKTeX 2.9/tex/luatex/luaotfload/luaotfload-database.lua:2: unexpected symbol near '<'
	[kpse C searcher] file not found: 'luaotfload-database'