[luatex] Luatex 0.74.0 announcement

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jan 4 20:34:09 CET 2013

On 2013-01-04 at 16:11:11 +0100, Herbert Voss wrote:

 > Am 04.01.2013 15:53, schrieb Joseph Wright:
 > >>
 > >> AFAIK there are no "major" binary updates done for TeXLive.
 > >>
 > >> Best
 > >>     Martin
 > >
 > > LuaTeX is available from TLContrib, which can be used with tlmgr
 > > to install binary updates (at your own risk):
 > > http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/usage.html.
 >
 > that is 0.72 on tlcontrib
 > For 0.74 some packages must also be updated.

As far as require() statements are concerned, maybe the most important
(general purpose and TeX related) modules could be laoded by the
format file.  I suppose that a significant number of packages don't
have to be touched then.

Modules like LuaSocket are quite special and thus better loaded by
packages which need them.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25