[luatex] Outdated Website

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sun Dec 8 23:27:09 CET 2013

Hi Jan,

I agree with you that the wording on the LuaTeX page (IMO on many TeX related pages) is mostly understandable only if you already know exactly what TeX or LaTeX/ConTeXt is.

A more general LuaTeX page would be needed ("LuaTeX solves your typesetting problems. Just download texlive and get started..."). But there will be voices that say "well, it's not related to LuaTeX, but also to PDFTeX and Knuth TeX and ...". So, a more general TeX page would be needed as well. I don't know where to start. It would take a lot of effort to make a good website for the non-TeX people explaining what TeX is about and so on.

This might be something for the user groups (TUG, UK-TUG, DANTE,...).

Patrick