[luatex] Modifying protrusion default.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Aug 24 17:29:16 CEST 2013

I am building a template file series for writers of novels etc. One of
the strong reasons for using luatex as opposed to other DTP programs is
the availability of punctuation protrusion.

The default protrusion factors are contained in a table in a file named
otfl-font-dum.lua. These factors are too large for use in e.g., a
novel. I can of course modify this file for my own use. But if I want
to send the modified file to a client to use is it sufficient to just
include a modified otfl-font-dum.lua file in the batch of macros I
send to the customer? Or can I put the modified table in a my luatex
template source document and expect it to override the original table?

Or is there another way to use a modified protrusion table that is
easily transportable to customers who aren't into replacing
files in the innards of TeX?

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press