[luatex] updates to various lua* packages breaks..something.

Michael Neubert micneu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 11:14:24 CEST 2013

Akira Kakuto <kakuto at ...> writes:

> > Basically, now, every time I try to compile something, it re-runs
luaotfload.

> I attach a patch by H. Kitagawa for the latest luaotfload: luaotfload.diff.gz.
>
> Thanks,
> Akira
>
> Attachment (luaotfload.diff.gz): application/x-gzip, 565 bytes

I had the same problem as the above people. After updating compilation was
impossible. Compilations stopped without warning and without error message.
But I identified the problem.

The update overwrites the "otfl-blacklist.cnf"-file located in my windows
folder c:\Programme\Miktex 2.9b\tex\luatex\luaotfload or where it is on your
texfm

I had blacklisted there Lingoes.ttf, a font of a free Dictionary, url:
http://www.lingoes.net. Located at my system here:
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Lingoes.ttf The software seem to be only available for
Windows, so it's a Windows only problem.

I have no clue why making a database, Luatex doesn't like Lingoes.ttf. After
blacklisting this font again in "otfl-blacklist.cnf", compilations works
again without any problem.

Regards to all, hope this helps.