[luatex] TeX-Lua interaction

Ralf Meyer rameyer at uni-math.gwdg.de
Tue Sep 11 20:02:04 CEST 2012

I am using LuaTeX to write a couple of letters to several people whose
addressses I have in a csv file, which I process using Lua.  The way I
do this, all the work is done in lua.  The LaTeX file just loads a
couple of packages and then use dofile to let Lua take over.  In
particular, the text of the letters is contained in the Lua file and
only given back to TeX through tex.print.  This works, but is somewhat
inconvenient because of the need to double backslashes, etc.

I am wondering whether this is the best way to do this.  Is there a way
to write, say, a for-loop in TeX that runs over a Lua variable?  In my
case, the letters have identical text and only differ in the address field.

Ralf Meyer