[luatex] Interfere with page breaking to balance pages

Patrick Bergner mail at patrickbergner.de
Wed Oct 17 14:17:35 CEST 2012

Hello John,

thank you for your reply. I now see I was too unspecific when asking my
question. Of course TeX fills pages up to \textheight by default if
there is enough material.

I was talking about the specific case where there is *not* enough
material to fill up the right page of a spread, e.g. at the end of a
chapter.

If what I want cannot be achieved by pure Lua maybe someone can explain why?

Thank you
Patrick