[luatex] node list

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Nov 30 09:11:46 CET 2012

On 11/28/2012 08:50 PM, Paul Isambert wrote:
> Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de> a écrit:
>> Am 28.11.2012 19:44, schrieb Paul Isambert:
>>>     head = node.insert_after(a, b, c)
>>>
>>> to insert c after b in the list whose head is a (actually any node in
>>> that list).
>>
>>   From what is written in the manual I thought that
>>
>> head=node.insert_after(nil,head,n)
>>
>> should also work, but it didn't.
>
> It should, if "head" is non-nil. So I'm surprised, again, that it
> doesn't.

The manual says:

   [ head, new = node.insert_after(head, current, new) ]
   The return values are the 'head' and the node 'new'
   If 'head' is initially 'nil'. it will become 'new'.

which indicates to me that it does not work, as otherwise 'head'
would become be more likely to become 'current'. I don't mind
changing that, though. (it looks like both manual entry and
code were copied from insert_before originally).

Best wishes,
Taco