[luatex] node list

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Nov 30 09:04:37 CET 2012

On 11/28/2012 07:44 PM, Paul Isambert wrote:

> Actually it IS set (try "print(n.prev)"), and I'm surprised myself,
> because I thought ``natural'' nodelists (created by TeX) didn't set the
> prev field of their nodes, but actually they're all set. (I thought that
> because node.slide() is said to set those prev fields, so I concluded
> that by default they aren't.)

prev nodes are normally set automatically by the internal functions,
but sometimes while building a list 'by hand' it is a bit impractical
to set them right away. That is why node.slide() exists.

(and it also made a useful debugging tool for the internals when
prev fields were still new).

Best wishes,
Taco