[luatex] incompatible change to mathcode

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed May 9 18:10:47 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 04:54:22PM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 09/05/2012 16:44, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >Active math characters, should be handled now as well.
>
> ?? Neither the document nor loaded packages made anything active?

I didn't check bm code (I don't even know what it does), but the error
was raised because the code was not accepting math characters with class
8 as valid for \mathcode. Fixing that, the documents compiles fine with
no errors now.

> (Sorry I can't easily test the patch myself as I'm not set up to patch
> the sources today)
>

> Probably in the next few days I'll get a version working on the
> unpatched version (avoiding \mathcode as we discussed) but it would be
> nice (and take the pressure off me a bit:-) if the patched version at
> least processed the document without error even if (because it only uses
> tex3 commands) it misses some of the finer points of the unicode math setup.

It seems to be OK now, at least it behaves like XeTeX.

Regards,
 Khaled