[luatex] incompatible change to mathcode

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed May 9 15:16:59 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 01:48:05PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 01:24 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >>
> >>That said, probably the result of (\the)\mathcode can be reverted
> >>back to compatibility with TeX82, and output a warning (and zero)
> >>if the actual value is out-of-range (like XeTeX does).
> >
> >Attached a patch that does this (with the added bonus of fixing the
> >damage of luatex-unicode-letters.tex), what do you think? if it is OK,
> >I'll commit it.
>
> For this case it looks fine, but perhaps there should be a similar check
> for handling \omathchardef?

Now that you bring it, do we really need the old aleph variants? They
don't seem to be used anywhere in my full TL installation, so there is
no case of backward compatibility and I see no practical need for them
when we have the new Unicode variants. I'd rather remove them completely
and simplify the code.

Regards,
 Khaled