[luatex] Attempt to build font name database fails with app crash

Dieter Köhler dieter.koehler at philo.de
Mon May 7 09:50:40 CEST 2012

> LuaTeX should not crash even if the font is "problematic" in some way,
> but it is likely that nobody else has ever tried that font. If you
> managed to find the problematic font, that helps a lot.
>
> Which font was that? Is it a freely available (so that one could
> easily reproduce the problem on other systems) or a commercial one?

I already sent a more detailed bug report, including the font details,
to the lulatex-dev mailinglist.  Anyway, the font file is named
"orlando.ttf" and has the version timestamp "1994-09-27 15:35:31" (the
date documented inside the font file, not the file date). I cannot
provide you with the font itself, because I do not know, whether it is
free or not.

Dieter Köhler