[luatex] Getting all symbols

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Wed Jun 13 09:28:37 CEST 2012

> I tried your example with fontspec and am somewhat puzzled with the result. The L3 syntax seems to lead to some strange entries, e.g.:
>
> pdfdecimaldigits
> key code > fontspec/Script/Braille
> @ifdot
> key var > fontspec/Script/osma.req
> key var > fontspec/CharacterWidth/Quarter.default
>
> How do these key code and key var expressions make it into the hashtokens? I guess it's because of the ~ that is used in L3, but I don't the exact reasoning.

I am not sure if I understand the question. With
\csname ... \endcsname you can create any hash tokens you want even with spaces and other funny things. Everything between those two is expanded so you can create dynamic names (arrays for example).

If you ask for the rationale behind it, then I don't know.

Patrick