[luatex] Getting all symbols

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Tue Jun 12 11:48:13 CEST 2012

Am Thu, 7 Jun 2012 17:20:48 +0200 schrieb Arno Trautmann:

>> I'm trying to find *at runtime* all the symbols allowed in a latex
>> environment. So, given a tex file, I'd like to access
>> - the complete predefined commands/symbols/definitions;
>> - the complete list of commands/symbols/definitions defined in packages.

> This may not really help, but maybe give a hint: I think I had asked a
> similar question some time ago, Tako answered that he wanted to
> implement something, and Hans answered that he [Tako] already did.
> Unfortunately I cannot find the corresponding mails, sorry.

The thread starts here
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/luatex/2011-July/003115.html

And Hans answer is here
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/luatex/2011-July/003125.html

If I process the following document with

"lualatex test > output.txt"

I get a list of about 3500 commands in output.txt

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
\directlua{
 for name in pairs(tex.hashtokens()) do
     print(name)
 end}
\end{document}

Addings fontspec leds to 14.000 commands.

--
Ulrike Fischer