[luatex] Libertine +math shift + ä = error?

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sat Jun 9 19:06:19 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm getting a strange error when I try to compile the following code:

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
\begin{document}
$8,56 eV$, während
\end{document}

The error I get states:

error: ...1/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/otfl-node-inj.lua:197:
attempt to index local 'tm' (a nil value)
.
\newpage ...k \@nobreakfalse \everypar {}\fi \par
                                                   \vfil \penalty -\@M
l.6 \end{document}

?

Please note that the “a” glyph is not a single character, but is a
composite umlaut plus an a. (You get this, e.g. by copying from the Mac
preview software instead of the ä that originally was used.) A normal ä
in the source code does work without problems.

However, this seems to happen only with the Linux Libertine font. But
the really mind blowing thing here is: The error only appears when a
math shift is used in the paragraph where the ä appears – both before
and after the ä. This makes things hard to track …

So, any ideas what the problem here could be?

cheers
Arno