[luatex] Odd behavior of luatex + fontspec + luaotfload

Nicolas Holzschuch nicolas.holzschuch at inria.fr
Mon Jun 4 11:40:50 CEST 2012

Hello fellow luaTeX-perts,

so I'm trying to make TeX run on my iPad. No real big deal, except that
the available memory is really small. Overall, compiling the binaries
works nicely.

However, I'm running into a problem with LuaLaTeX, combined with
fontspec (LuaLaTeX without fontspec runs fine, but what's the point?)

It loads the fonts, processes the TeX file, goes as far as "here's how
much of TeX memory you've used" and even writes the first font into the
PDF file.

And that's exactly where it crashes, all the time. Right after dumping
the first font in the PDF file.

Now I know this must be an uncommon problem, but is there anyone who
could point me to the right place to start debugging this?

Is my problem in fontspec, or in luaotfload? Somewhere else?
(I have the latest files from the TeXLive 2012 SVN server).

Here are the last lines of the TeX output:
(…)
Overfull \hbox (25.72816pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 25--27
[]\EU2/LinuxLibertineO(0)/m/n/10.95 Ὅλοι οἱ ἄνθρωποι γενν
ιοῦνται ἐλεύθεροι καὶ ἴσοι στὴν ἀξιοπρ
έπεια καὶ τὰ δικαιώματα.

Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 29--30

 [1{/private/var/mobile/src/trunk/Master/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdft
ex.map}] (./testModernTeX.aux) )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
 291 words of node memory still in use:
   3 hlist, 1 vlist, 1 rule, 2 glue, 3 attribute, 40 glue_spec, 3 attribute_lis
t, 1 write nodes
   avail lists: 1:1,2:1633,3:49,4:263,5:32,6:525,7:2,9:34,10:17
</private/var/mobile/src/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/libertin
eotf/LinLibertine_RI.otf>Segmentation fault: 11

~/TeXProjects mobile$

Thanks for any help,
Nicolas