[luatex] Package luamplib

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 11:26:49 CEST 2012

Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/7/20 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
>
> > First of all let me one thing completely clear: I *honestly* believe
> > that *most* people whining about the TL2009 being so old have no
> > *actual* need for tl2012 or so, since the write normal LaTeX documents
> > that work even with TL2005. It is only their infinite upgraditis
> > or however it is called.
>
> The perception that >50% of the complaints come from people who don't
> actually need it, even if true, does not change that fact that many people
> do need it.
>
> I have run into several problems -- packages hyperref, luamplib, fontspec,
> biblatex etc. -- and reported them on this or another list.  (That's  where
> this thread started.) In most cases I got replies, even from Windows users,
> that it's a bug that was fixed long ago.
>
> > If there is a problem with diskspace you should create an equivs package,
> > as described on the web page tug.org/texlive/debian.html
>
> > So all settled, unless we assume that people are incapable of reading
> > the documentation.
>
> That page is very helpful indeed.  It would be even more so if available in
> the documentation packaged with tex-common.

it would be better still if i could find it with google.  (i'm not the
world's greatest expert on use of google, but it covers all the keywords
i was using in my searches.)

i could put a link into the uk faq, but not many read that unless
they're _real_ newbies, afaict.  (imo, newbies shouldn't even be trying
this sort of thing...)

robin