[luatex] Package luamplib

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Jul 19 22:56:05 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 09:59:23PM +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> 2012/7/18 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
>

> > BTW, the problem you encountered seems to be caused by a bug rather
> > than a compatibility problem.  Obviously the comment character was
> > ignored.  However, it's fixed already in newer releases.
> >
> >  > What's the easiest solution, short of "Update your whole
> >  > installation to the latest TeXLive"?
> >
> > Please note that in order to upgrade from TL-2011 to TL-2012 you don't
> > have to install everything from scratch anymore:
> >
> >   http://tug.org/texlive/upgrade.html
> >
> > You could probably install a newer LuaTeX binary into your current
> > installation, but I fear that everything you do beyond the package
> > manager's neck will cause trouble former or later.  In particular,
> > if your system is inconsistent, nobody can reproduce your problems.
> >

> Can you believe it, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" released
> April 2012 ships with TeXLive 2009.

Ubuntu does not really package TeXLive, they just pull whatever Debian
packages, and the Debian TeX packaging team is very small. That being
said, TeXLive 2012 is have been in Debian even before it is officially
released, so next Ububtu should have it.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/texlive

Regards,
 Khaled