[luatex] Package luamplib

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jul 18 23:17:15 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-18 at 11:59:41 +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:

 > I presume the MetaPost / LuaTeX versions are not compatible.

AFAIK mplib is linked statically to the LuaTeX binary, hence it should
be sufficient to upgrade LuaTeX.  Binaries for various platforms are
available at the TeX Live repository:

  http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive

BTW, the problem you encountered seems to be caused by a bug rather
than a compatibility problem.  Obviously the comment character was
ignored.  However, it's fixed already in newer releases.

 > What's the easiest solution, short of "Update your whole
 > installation to the latest TeXLive"?

Please note that in order to upgrade from TL-2011 to TL-2012 you don't
have to install everything from scratch anymore:

  http://tug.org/texlive/upgrade.html

You could probably install a newer LuaTeX binary into your current
installation, but I fear that everything you do beyond the package
manager's neck will cause trouble former or later.  In particular,
if your system is inconsistent, nobody can reproduce your problems.

Unless disk space is scarce or internet access is slow, I strongly
recommend to bite the bullet and do a clean upgrade.

Regards,
  Reinhard

 > \documentclass{article}
 > \usepackage{luamplib}
 > \begin{document}
 > \begin{mplibcode}
 > beginfig(1);
 > fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor green;
 > draw fullcircle scaled 4.5cm;
 > endfig;
 > \end{mplibcode}
 > \end{document}
 >
 > I get:
 >
 > This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.65.0-2011041019 (rev 4033)
 > luamplib: This is MetaPost, Version 1.503
 >  (plain.mp
 > >> $Id
 > ! Isolated expression.
 > <to be read again>
 >                    :
 > l.1  $Id:
 >           plain.mp,v 1.3 2005/04/28 06:45:21 taco Exp $
 > ! Extra tokens will be flushed.
 > <to be read again>
 >
 > etc.

Marschnerstr. 25