[luatex] print versus tex.print

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jan 24 00:26:00 CET 2012

On 2012-01-23 at 23:41:37 +0100, Paul Isambert wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> a écrit:
 > > AFAIK, ipairs() is deprecated in Lua 5.2 too.
 >
 > No, it's not, there even are new metamethods __ipairs and __pairs. See:
 > http://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/readme.html#changes
 > (You frightened me for a second.)

When you mentioned Lua 5.2, I googled a little bit.  I found

  http://www.corsix.org/content/look-lua-52-work3

See item 19.  I don't know how relevant it is, it's at least not the
official site.  I suppose that this page is about things which were
discussed in the Lua world, at least.

On the other hand, "deprecated" and "removed" are still two different
things.  There's no reason to be frightened.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25