[luatex] Lualatex on windows with files inside "C:\Docume~1\"

Philipp Stephani p.stephani2 at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:33:45 CET 2012

2012/1/21 Michele Baresi <michib at gmail.com>:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm trying to typeset music with Lilypond and Lualatex on Windows.
> Lilypond-book creates a temporary tex file on a TMP repository belonging to
> "C:\Docume~1" (aka Documents & Settings) and then lauches lualatex on it ...
> but it seems - to me - that lualatex doesn't like "~" in file names. It
> gives me an error like this:
>
> C:\Program Files\LilyPond\Test>lualatex
> "C:\DOCUME~1\michib\LOCALS~1\Temp\tmpufl3v5.tex"
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.1-2011082320 (rev 4277)
>  restricted \write18 enabled.
> ! I can't find file `C:/DOCUME'.
> <to be read again>
>                    \protect
> <*> C:/DOCUME~
>               1/michib/LOCALS~1/Temp/tmpufl3v5.tex
> Please type another input file name:
>
> Any ideas?

This unfortunate behavior was inherited from original TeX which also
interprets its command line arguments as TeX input. You should
consider filing a feature request with LuaTeX; this behavior is rarely
what users want.
Better still, LilyPond should use the actual file name instead of the
8.3 version; the latter is only kept for compatibility reasons, and
may in fact be disabled.
As a workaround, try:
luatex "\input{\detokenize{a~a.tex}}"