[luatex] parshape

Ingo Krabbe ikrabbe.ask at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:40:33 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 07:29:01AM +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> >> tex.parshape = {
> >>  {<i1>, <l1>},
> >>  {<i2>, <l2>},
> >>  {<in>, <ln>}
> >>  }
> >>
> >> As usual, all the values are given in scaled points.
> >
> > I just wonder after this discussion, why even simple and solved things
> > have to become more complex, when redesigning as in luatex.
>
> you mean more complex than
>
> parshape =  n, i_0, l_0, ... , i_n, l_n ?

right, and that the parameters have to be calculated to scaled points,
instead of given as glue.

On the other hand, I understand that this is just the intrinsic formula
for luatex programming, and in this context, the list is completely
understandable in the the format, given above.

--
i don't do signatures