[luatex] \font primitive does not read otf file

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Dec 6 20:19:43 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 06:14:48PM +0100, Petr Olsak wrote:

> The documentation luaotfload.pdf seems to be not so stable and
> correct. For example the fontfeature ``mode'' is documented by the
> following way:
>
> : luaotfload has two OpenType processing modes; base and node. base mode
> : works by mapping OpenType features to traditional TEX ligature and kern-
> : ing mechanisms, thus supporting only non-contextual substitutions and
> : kerning pairs...
>
> but this does not work. On the other hand, the following works in luaTeX:

No, it works, you just misunderstood it.

> +tlig             ... ligatures --- to emdash type

This is an entirely different thing unrelated to the quoted paragraph.

> script=latn       ... ligatures of fi, ffi type

Of course you have to specify the script (and often the language) if
"dflt" does not have the features you want, the world happen to have
other scripts and language than Latin, so we don't default to it.

Regards,
 Khaled