[luatex] Using classic TeX 8-bit fonts in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at docwolves.nl
Tue Dec 4 14:11:59 CET 2012

Hi,

On Dec 4, 2012, at 12:57 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar at gyza.cz> wrote:

> Hello LuaTeXist.
> I'm sorry, but I would tried to remind my last question, because I unfortunately did not record any response.
>
> Is there any information about using classic TeX 8-bit fonts in LuaTeX?
> Is LuaTEX able to work with a classic TeX 8-bit fonts? Which way?

Yes. And in the same way as pdftex. But you will need

*  \directlua{tex.enableprimitives('', tex.extraprimitives())} if you need pdf
  (otherwise  \pdfoutput is not defined).
* to make sure your (input) file encoding is UTF-8.

Last time I checked, luatex even supported PK files in pdf mode  (but that was two years ago).

You could also have just tried yourself, you know ;)

Best wishes,
Taco