[luatex] \font primitive does not read otf file

Philipp Gesang philipp.gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Dec 2 12:33:39 CET 2012

Hey Petr,

···<date: 2012-12-02, Sunday>···<from: Petr Olsak>···

>                                  The solution which loads some sty
> file and starts loading 18 another .sty files (!!) to solve one
> SIMPLE problem is not compatible with plainTeX philosophy.

then you might prefer the luatex-plain format, it has the
fontloader already built in, so no style files unless you require
them explicitly. This code just works, provided you have the
fonts:

    \font\lmr=file:lmroman10-regular at 12pt
    \font\cmur=file:cmunrm at 12pt

    {\lmr  \input knuth\par}
    {\cmur \input knuth\par}

    \bye