[luatex] pst-text with LuaLaTeX and bidi

Zvi Gilboa zg7s at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Apr 26 11:03:21 CEST 2012

Greetings!

I am currently in the process of transition to luatex/xetex, and have
been able to successfully modify many "old" documents so that they use
OpenType fonts in combination with the bidi package.

The next challenge on the list is to use pst-text-path with a
right-to-left paragraph and a unicode font.  Despite various attempts,
this has not been working.  Is this so by design?  When I went to the
pstricks project page, there were a couple of working examples with
lualatex and unicode fonts, which gave me some hope...

I am attaching here the source as well as output files, along with an
example of how things would look when compiled with latex-->dvips-->ps2pdf

In case that helps, the command I used for compilation was:
lualatex --shell-escape path-lua.tex

I am using a fully-updated TexLive-2011.

Thanks in advance for looking at this!

Best regards,
Zvi Gilboa