[luatex] Absolute beginners questions

Keith J. Schultz schultzk at gmx.net
Fri Sep 30 08:53:04 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

I am so to say an very advanced programmer, but I have never liked
the TeX way of doing things nor have I tried to really learn TeX.

I had seen the reference, but as you said it is quite low level and more aimed
towards the TeX use.

My main interest is what I have to pass to the lua interpreter and what I can access from
with in it.  Here the Lua(La)TeX documentation is so what vague. It seem also to suggest
that each call to lua are singular and can not themselves share their state between them and
if the globals where glaobals to TeX or the lua interpreter.

For right know all I need to do is inject the proper commands into the TeX engine.

regards
	Keith.