[luatex] How to avoid update of otfl-names.lua

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Oct 16 17:12:56 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 04:43:56PM +0200, Yannis Haralambous wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the zebrackets system I have manually changed the otfl-names.lua
> file (all Latin Modern file names have been replaced by those of the
> zebracketed ones). For example:

And why you are doing that any way, why not loading zebrackets fonts
(whatever is that) directly?

[...]

> If yes, how are the timestamps calculated, so that I can recalculate
> them?

Timestamps are calculated using lfs.attributes(file, "modification"),
but it should not cause regenerating otfl-names.lua (they are used to
avoid re-scanning font files unnecessarily).

> If not, is there some other reason?

otfl-names.lua gets (re)generated if no one exits or when asking for a
font that is not found in the database.

Regards,
 Khaled