[luatex] LuaLaTeX / fontspec bug

amphiboly at gmail.com amphiboly at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:42:25 CET 2011

I submitted the following to the Libertine bugtracker on Sourceforge a
while back as

*Biolinum LuaLaTeX fontspec matchlowercase problem - ID: 3434775*

**and Michael Niedermair there just responded to me that it is a fontspec
problem. Note that the problem occurs with fontspec under LuaLaTeX, but not
under XeLaTeX.

Using C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX
2.9/fonts/opentype/public/libertine/fxbr.otf (version 1.0.4).

The following gives oversized sf text. replacing line 4 with line 5 gives a
proper result, as does removing both lines 4 and 5 (I need to have fontspec
manage the font so that I can use fontspec's addfontfeature for
letterspacing). This is not a problem if Libertine is specified as the sans
font (for testing) or is XeLaTeX is used instead of LuaLaTeX.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{libertine}
\setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{fxbr.otf}
%\setsansfont[Scale=MatchUppercase]{fxbr.otf}
\begin{document}
Testing, {\sffamily testing}, {\rmfamily testing}.
\end{document}

Can you confirm that this is, indeed, a fontspec under LuaLaTeX issue? If
so, is there a resolution?

--
Rik