[luatex] wrong hyphenation in four-letter word

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed May 11 11:36:02 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 11 May 2011 11:24:12 +0200 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

>> Non-ASCII-chars at the end of the words can change hyhenation. But
>> more curiosly the \hspace{0pt} changes it to:
>
> I forgot to say: I realized that "sich eine" was shown as hyphenated
> sich-ei-ne in ConTeXt. I have no idea why the hyphen between sich and
> eine would be there. But when displaying hyphenation in document, that
> mark wasn't shown.

Perhaps your "\showhyphens" command is not really intended for more
than one word and removes spaces (somewhere in my test I saw a
"sicheine"). On the whole \showhyphens is a command which tries to
"fake" real hyphenation - and it can fail. I always test also
hyphenation in "real" texts.

--
Ulrike Fischer