[luatex] wrong hyphenation in four-letter word

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:34:16 CEST 2011

(I'm sorry, my browser sent the mail without my consent.)

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 21:17, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 19:04, Arno Trautmann wrote:
>>
>> My LuaTeX /is/ from tlcontrib – I'm wondering why yours has the Web2C
>> 2011 tag? (I'm on x86-64 linux, in case that matters)

Windows binaries come from Akira who usually uses the latest version
of all libraries, including kpathsea & friends, so the Web2C 2011 tag
is not unexpected.

I cannot reproduce the behaviour on a non-windows box either, but I
can confirm that it breaks in windows.

I tested with:
- lualatex (latest TL's update) & LuaTeX beta-0.70.0 (rev 4250) on Mac
(no problems)
- ConTeXt MKIV 2011.05.09 10:07 (minimals) & exactly the same LuaTeX
on Mac (no problems)
- ConTeXt MKIV 2011.05.09 16:28 (minimals) & Akira's LuaTeX
beta-0.70.0 on Windows (wrong result)

The weird thing is that when I tested two hours ago the word eine
didn't break at all and I would almost bet that other breaks were
different.

Now I did a new change (\mainlanguage[deo]) and I get

! Conflicting pattern ignored.

system          > tex > error on line 13 in file de.tex: Conflicting
pattern ignored ...

when I load the old german patterns (but that might be a problem of ConTeXt).

Mojca

PS: I have no idea how/if \showhyphens works in ConTeXt, but I was
using the new functionality in ConTeXt with \startcomparepatterns
which should work comparably well.