[luatex] pdf_dest node explained

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Jun 30 11:19:54 CEST 2011

On 06/30/11 10:48, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am playing with links in PDF now. Can someone help me explaining the fields of the dest node?
>
> I guess that dest_type is the contents of the struct pdf_destination_types in pdfdest.h source:
>
>     pdf_dest_xyz = 0,
>     pdf_dest_fit = 1,
>     pdf_dest_fith = 2,
>     pdf_dest_fitv = 3,
>     pdf_dest_fitb = 4,
>     pdf_dest_fitbh = 5,
>     pdf_dest_fitbv = 6,
>     pdf_dest_fitr = 7
>
> correct?

yes.

> "xyz zoom" is the amount of zoom when dest_type == 0
> "named_id" is 0 if dest is a number, 1 if it is a string (named dest)
> "dest_id" is either the number or the string
>

> width/height/depth: what is this?

width, height & depth of the destination annotation. Various types
of destinations need to know its size to be able to do sensible
'fit's. (after writing, the meaning changes subtly to be a rectangle
instead of whd, iirc).

> what is the objnum?

pdf object number (if already written). This is needed internally

Best wishes,
Taco