[luatex] setting lccode "automatically"

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 16:15:25 CEST 2011

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> But I dont want to defend German, it is one of the craziest languages.

an intriguing claim.  the language i speak is a mish-mash of nordic,
germanic and celtic tongues, with norman french accretions, and was
hugely expanded by a single man in late c.16/early c.17.  it's split
into two, with ferociously confusing consequences (american words often
mean the exact opposite of the same word in british english).

and on top of it all, following our political imperialism, and the usa's
(largely) economic imperialism, myriads of people feel impelled to learn
some version of our mish-mash tongue, "in order to get on".

robin

time flies like an arrow.