[luatex] dump a tfm to a file

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:28:37 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 09:50, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> So I don't see a logical reason why one shouldn't be able to
> generate a large tfm with the informations of more characters (and
> luatex is generating large "virtual tfm" with metrics information).
>
> I want to try out if tex4ht can handle such large, unstandard tfm's
> or if it has built-in a hard 256 barrier.

For normal TFM files tex4ht uses more-or-less-manually-generated files
with mappings between TFM slots and Unicode values. It would be
*waaaaay* easier to convince tex4ht to use UTF-8 encoding directly (if
you know how to patch tex4ht). Just having "fat TFM" won't help you at
all.

A few years ago this could have been a trivial request with a
"trivial" and quick solution.

Mojca