[luatex] bug: double quotes are not printed

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Sat Jun 11 12:13:02 CEST 2011

Am Sat, 11 Jun 2011 07:49:26 +0700 schrieb Igor Kotelnikov:

> Dear sir/madam,
>
> I noted that double qoutes are not printed if they are typed in source file
> by double quotes  but not ligatures. This problems appears only if the sorce
> file is compiled with lualatex. Here is minimal test file:
>
> % =================================
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> 1. <<ligatures>> are printed
> 2. «double quotes» are not printed
> \end{document}
> % =================================
>
> See also attached files.

And your log file shows two error messages:

! String contains an invalid utf-8 sequence.
l.15 2.
        «double quotes» are not printed
?
! String contains an invalid utf-8 sequence.
l.15 2. «double quotes

You can try luainputenc if you want to use 8bit encoded files, but
it is better to save everything in utf8 if you want to use luatex.

--
Ulrike Fischer