[luatex] two bidi bugs in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 26 14:42:41 CEST 2011

On 07/26/2011 12:45 PM, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> But if you comment the \mathdir TRT, it behaves naturally.

I do not see how that excludes a \rotatebox bug.

In fact, in your example, if you wrap an \fbox around the \rotatebox
call, you can quite clearly see that \rotatebox has produced something
with the wrong bounding box.

I have no real knowledge of the internals of \rotatebox, but I assume
it creates a new box with dimensions that are calculated using some
goniometric mutation of the original box's dimensions.

Looks like that code is not quite ready for use in bidi environments.

The attached (smaller) test shows the same (wrong) bounding box,
without article.cls, without multirow.sty, without tabular, and
without math mode.

Best wishes,
Taco