[luatex] Fribidi for LuaTeX
khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Jul 24 19:48:05 CEST 2011
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 03:51:24PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Now that the Unicode BiDi algorithm implementation discussion
> seems to restart, it is a good time to ask the people involved
> to solve the non-trivial problem of adjusting the algorithm
> to cater for the inclusion of
> * out-of-line node objects (\setbox, \box, \copy),
> * out-of-line tokens (like alignment templates and macro expansions),
> * vertical typesetting,
> * TeX grouping levels,
> * Interfering nodes (math, \special, \rule etc)
Some questions from me:
* local_par whatsit:
- it is always the 1st node in the list (if exists at all), right?
- \textdir inserts begindir node after it, is this a general rule? (I
noticed when I insert begindir nodes before it combining marks get
shifted to the right, but it might be a bug in the font code).
- what is the dir field is used for? I can query it but setting it (to
TRT for example) has no effect (the par still left aligned).
* when \pardir is set to TRT while \textdir is still TLT luatex will
enclose the paragraph with begindir/enddir TLT nodes (skipping the
local_par etc.), right? if yes, is there anyway to suppress this?
* how can I set paragraph direction to TRT without setting \pardir,
More information about the luatex