[luatex] setupbackend in lualatex?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 11:51:01 CEST 2011

luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick at gundla.ch> wrote:
> >
> > Am 20.07.2011 um 11:22 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> >
> > There is a little bit more to it, though it can be simulated
> > otherwise. For example with ConTeXt you have more structured
> > sectioning commands. I don't remember what it was but something like
> >
> > \startsection
> > \stopsection
> >
> > where in LaTeX you have \section{...}, but when does the section
> end? Is it always clear?
>
> It ends just before the next hierarchically higher level sectioning command

there was a proposal, once, to have section _environments_ (if you look
back on c.t.t on google gropes you might even find it).

but istm that in this (as in other things) context has been better
thought through, in the context(oops) of other media -- comes of being
later on the scene, i assume.  i've stumbled on the issue recently, in
the scripts for the tex faq; it's tiresome to create non-default layout
when you're not keeping a handle on the semantics of what you're
translating.  the scripts (processing latex source), were originally
totally context insensitive; i've been steadily adding things that
change that, but every one such adds another ornament to an already
tottering edifice.