[luatex] [lltx] issue with unicode-math, spanish and LuaLaTeX

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 12 16:38:23 CEST 2011

Am 12.07.2011 16:22, schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> Hm. I understand \mathcode and \Umathcode actually look at the same
> value and so are not independent. But I have the impression the
> problem is less with \mathcode (which after all gives a value) but
> with \mathchardef which doesn't accept it if the \mathcode is too
> large.

This is not an issue of a \mathcode being too large, but about
overlapping representations. Say you have a character with class 0,
family 0 and code point U+1111; its \Umathcodenum is 0x1111. But the
\mathcode of a character with class 1, family 1, and code point U+11 is
0x1111 as well---how should \mathchardef distinguish between the two?

> But looking at the luatex manual I didn't actually understand how to
> replace \mathchardef/\mathcode. What is the luatex equivalent of
>
> \mathchardef\test=\mathcode`\x?

I think there is none because \Umathcharnumdef is missing (see
http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=620). In the lualatex-math package
I do

\Umathchardef \test
\directlua {
   print_class_fam_slot( \number \numexpr `\x \relax )
}

function print_class_fam_slot(char)
   local code = tex.getmathcode(char)
   local class, family, slot = unpack(code)
   local result = string.format("%i %i %i ", class, family, slot)
   tex.sprint(cctb.string, result)
end