[luatex] Behavior of node lists.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Wed Jul 6 17:36:08 CEST 2011

Le 06/07/2011 17:13, luigi scarso a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Paul Isambert<zappathustra at free.fr>  wrote:
>> Le 06/07/2011 15:34, luigi scarso a écrit :
>>> Last svn says in lnodelib.c
>>> [...]
>> Thanks Luigi. Too bad I can't read C :)
> Ah yes , sorry.
> Anyway
> after a while (luatex) C code looks like Lua code
> (or better a sort of  mkiv lua code ): the chapter on extension of the
> Lua book is enough.
> And in the end it's the latest source that wins over documentation.

I agree. I can force myself if I really want to understand something in
the source, but my understanding remains fuzzy.

> IMHO, it doesn't hurt if a luatex lua-macro programmer knows C;
> it's also useful for extensions.

It probably doesn't hurt, but I have tons of other things to do rather
than learning C (or toying with LuaTeX, for that matter :) ). I'm not a
programmer by trade or even hobby (except when it comes to TeX), so
learning a new language is not something I do easily or willingly --
even though now that TeX is opened up, I sometimes wish I knew C so I
could rip it apart!

Best,
Paul