[luatex] Lua 5.2.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Mon Jan 31 14:38:38 CET 2011

Le 31/01/2011 14:27, Philipp Stephani a écrit :

>>> What is the preferred way to implement modules then?
>> I found a message which says:
>>
>> "- module and luaL_register deprecated, replaced by luaL_newlib and
>> luaL_setfuncs."
> Thanks, but these are C functions that wouldn't be of much help if you
> want to write a Lua module. I'm asking this because I have no experience
> in Lua and don't want to write obsolete code right from the beginning.

Then really read chapter 15 of PIL: http://www.lua.org/pil/15.html
The cool thing is that the online version documents Lua 5.0, and
module() was introduced in 5.1.

[Another change worth mentioning in 5.2: "arg" in e.g.

function myfunction (...)
   for a, b in ipairs(arg) do
     whatever(b)
   end
end

won't be defined anymore (it already behaves strangely anyway). Adding
"arg = {...}" at the beginning does the job.]

Best,
Paul