[luatex] font expansion / HZ

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sun Jan 9 19:33:22 CET 2011

Hi,

I am experimenting with the pdftex features (margin kerning and font expansion). So far I have only been able to make margin kerning to work. Now I tried font expansion but couldn't note any difference to what I have before. I set

\pdfadjustspacing=2

and for the font I set the parameters to (for example)

  f.parameters.stretch = 30
  f.parameters.shrink  = 20
  f.parameters.step    = 10
  f.parameters.auto_expand = true

(where f is the font object for font.define(f))

Without posting a complete minimal example: can someone tell me if these parameters look OK or if I am missing anything "obvious"?

Thanks

Patrick