[luatex] lua script on the run

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri Jan 7 14:17:57 CET 2011

Am Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:38:26 +0100 schrieb Philipp Stephani:

> BTW, you should _not_ do something like replacing ^c by ĉ. If you
> want ĉ, type ĉ. Use a keyboard layout that contains that
> character, an input method, or some auto-correction function of
> your text editor, but don't transform text while processing.

In general I agree, but there are some cases where I prefer not to
input the real char. -- and --- are such cases. Even if – and —
where easier to input on my keyboard: I have difficulties to
distinguish -, – and — in my editor(s).

Btw: I think this type of "fake ligatures" (-- to –) could be used
for the translation discussed here. One would naturally have to
enable ^ in text mode (along the way _ is enable with
underscore.sty). The translation could then be enabled by font
switches.

--
Ulrike Fischer